Oooh, could they get any cuter! We love these gorgeous ladybug cupcakes. Perfect for your garden themed party.
- ¼ cup M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies
- 45 pieces chocolate malted milk balls, cut in half
- 1 box favorite cake mix
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate frosting
- 1 container vanilla frosting
- Red food coloring
- 12 black licorice laces, cut into 48 pieces
- 2 cupcake pans
- Paper cupcake liner
- 1. Prepare the cake mix according to the directions on the package.
- 2. Line the cupcake pans with the paper liners. Fill each cup with 2/3 cup of batter.
- 3. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 25 minutes, according to the directions on the package. Remove from oven.
- 4. While waiting for the cupcakes to completely cool, tint the vanilla frosting with the red food coloring.
- 5. Once cooled, frost the tops of the cupcakes as follows: Spread the tops of the cupcakes with the red frosting. Spoon the dark chocolate frosting into a resealable bag. Snip a small corner from the bag. Pipe a line of dark chocolate frosting down the center of each cupcake. Pipe an oval of the dark chocolate frosting at one end of the line, and decorate with the red M&M’S® Brand Chocolate Candies for eyes and the licorice for antennae. Dot the red portion with chocolate malted milk balls for the ladybugs’ spots.
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Bake Time: 25 min.
- Decoration Time: 20 min.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Yield: Makes 24 ladybug cupcakes
To view our gorgeous range of Ladybug Party Supplies visit our website today. A Ladybug party theme is perfect for girls birthday parties, baby showers or 1st birthday parties. Recipe courtesy of Bright Ideas
For this great idea!