My daughter is always getting the days of the week mixed up so I’ve knocked up this cute little pin-board hanger to help her get to grips with it.
I chose to use elephants cos they’re pretty neat but naturally you can use anything. Also, the dry-wipe aspect of this chart can be used for a multitude of things such as re-useable sticker keepers for example, so feel free to take the basic idea and run with it!
What You Need:
- 2 Sheets of coloured card
- White Paper
- Felt-Tip Pens
- Elephant (or other) Cut-Out Template
- Days of the Week List (see below)
- Hole Punch
- Sticky Back Velcro
- White Board Pen
How to Make the Chart:
- Cut out 7 Elephants (or whatever you are using) and get your kids to colour them in
(Feel free to use this template from Little Birdie Secret – Click the image to open in a new window for a printable version.)
- Add a day of the week to each one and laminate them, trimming the excess afterwards.
(Click the image to open a printable template you can cut out in a new window)
- Then write on a piece of A4 card along the top; “Today is…”
- Use one of your elephants to measure the size of the gap and underneath you can write “What Shall We Do?” – or something to that extent.
- Laminate this sheet
- Laminate another sheet of card that’s been cut in half (this is the piece you will “park” your spare elephants.
- Using a hole punch and your string attach a hanging hook to the top and attach the two pieces of card together at the bottom.
Pop your sticky back velcro patches on the back of your elephants and the other sides one on the top sheet where the present day elephant will be fastened and six on the bottom piece of card for the rest.
Each day you can discuss with your child what day it is and try to identify the correct corresponding elephant which will then be stuck to the main piece of the card. You can then use a white board pen to write that day’s activities and plans. As the sheet is laminated you can wipe this clean for the next day.
We’d love to see your own creations inspired by this post, send your photos to us and we will include them in our gallery. You can email your pictures to us at
or add the Lily P Chic Facebook profile to your friends list, post your pictures and send us a note.